Açaí Bowl – Delicious and Easy to Make
- 200 grams frozen açaí puree
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (60-70g)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (60-70g)
- 1 banana (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (120ml) you can substitute it with milk or juice, the choice is yours
- toppings (nuts, seeds, fresh/frozen fruit, granola, oatmeal, coconut, etc.)
Three easy steps to make Açaí Bowl:
- Freeze your fruit. Slice your banana and transfer it to a small baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper. Add other fruit to it and transfer tray or plate to the freezer and allow the fruit to freeze completely. If you already have fruit in your freezer, skip this step.
- Blend. Once frozen, yogurt (milk, juice) to the bowl of a large, high-speed blender. Add the frozen blueberries, strawberries, banana, and açaí puree.
- Assemble. Divide the smoothie into two bowls and top with all your favorite toppings. Best enjoyed immediately (because it will melt).
If you don’t have pre-frozen banana, that’s okay. Anyway, it is better if you add any additional pre-frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, mango). That helps to contribute to the thick consistency characteristic to açaí bowls.
Are Açaí Bowls Healthy?
That depends on a topping choices and amounts, and overall serving size.
With no toppings, one serving (or one açaí bowl) will contain approximately 250 calories, 10 grams of fat, 30 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams fiber, 20 grams sugar, and 7 grams protein.
Read about açaí origin and benefits for your health here.
Make Your Açaí Bowl Vegan
You can easily make any açaí bowl vegan by skipping the animal milk and yogurt.